Frequently Asked Questions
What are some of the resulting benefits to neuromuscular sports injury massage therapy and bodywork?
- Fewer Aches & Pain
- Relieves Backaches & Muscle Aches
- Lessens Overall Body Stiffness
- Helps with chronic & acute muscle pain
- Relieves neck & shoulder aches
- relieves carpal tunnel & tennis elbow
- lessens hand, wrist, elbow, & arm pain
- improves pulmonary function
- lower blood pressure
- decreases anxiety, tension & stress
- releases muscle tension
- releases tension-related ailments
- releases muscle spasms, cramps, & knots
- stimulates natural self-healing
- relieves headaches – tension & migraines
- increases blood and lymph circulation
- promotes healthy digestion
- enhances the function of bodily processes
- stimulates overall body health
- improves sensory & motor functions
- promotes resistance to disease
- relieves sciatic pain
- hip dysplasia & plantar fasciitis
- lessens foot, leg, knee & hip pain
- relieves restless leg syndrome
- takes the edge off fibromyalgia pain
- improves neurological disorders
- lessens the healing time of injuries & reduces scar tissue
- increases range of motion
- maintains muscle tone & joint flexibility
- aids in post-surgery recovery
- enhances athletic performance
- flushes toxins from muscles & joints
- improves the central nervous system
What is massage therapy?
It is the use of various proven techniques applied to the soft tissues and the muscular structure of the body to improve overall health and well-being of a person.
What is bodywork therapy?
It is the use of different forms of touch therapies using movement and manipulation to have an effect on structural modification of the body.
What types of applications are used in massage and Bodywork?
The most common techniques used are kneading, stroking, compression, stretching, and pressure to the body’s soft tissue and/or the muscular structure itself. The therapies do not include manipulation of the bones.
How does the therapist know what techniques to use?
First and most importantly, a thorough Orthopedic assessment is performed. Through testing, visual evaluation, and client questioning, the therapist determines what therapies will be most beneficial.
Will my insurance cover it?
Services may be covered when prescribed by a chiropractor, osteopath, physical therapist, or physician. Call your health care provider.
Why should I get bodywork?
Every experience throughout your life is stored in your body. Because there is so much input in each moment the body cannot process everything immediately. When events and experiences have not been processed at the moment, they are stored in the body. Bodywork frees the body from these holds and patterns creating freedom and release from pains of both the body and mind.
Can bodywork help balance problems?
Yes. Are you experiencing one leg being longer than the other? Do you have restless leg syndrome, dropped foot, scoliosis, problems rotating your spine? Do you walk with a limp or have pain in your hip? Ankles, knees, hips, shoulders, and neck are the main issues to be resolved. All of these issues are resolvable. We can help.
Do you work on athletes with injuries and can this work help them perform better?
Yes, athletes are helped from club sports to professionals. When the muscles are tight, the body is slow. Overuse to compensate causes the body to over-protect making it more susceptible to injury. Roughly seventy percent of injuries come from having tight or trapped muscles. Athletes require maintenance. We are here to fix the issues in the body, enhance performance, and provide injury prevention and maintenance care.
Can you help me with stress, anxiety and sleeping problems?
Yes. When the brain will not shut down, the body does not rest. This can happen from trauma or being overworked. Bodywork combined with meditation tools can help remedy these obstacles.
How long does the bodywork last?
In the human body, there are no separate pieces and parts, everything works together. If your issue or injury has happened recently the results may be immediate. If it is a build up over years the results may require consistent treatment to resolve. Persistence heals the body.
Do you work with couples and families?
Yes. Help is provided to couples working to have a healthy relationship or preparing to have children, and families adjusting to life.